Individual counseling can be helpful for identifying behavior, discount viagra clinic thoughts, pills and choice patterns that may get in the way of more fulfilling relationships and personal growth. To determine whether this practice is right for you, order please see some of the below specialty areas that I specialize in:
How can individual counseling help you?
- Struggles with depression
- Working past trauma or PTSD
- Making difficult life transitions
- Desire for personal growth
- Difficulties in relationships
- Overcoming limiting life patterns
- Struggling with over-spending or compulsive shopping
If any of the above issues are bothering you, individual counseling is something you should consider. When we meet I will begin with a detailed intake interview after which I will provide an initial assessment and outline of topics that might be helpful to focus on in therapy. In my approach to therapy, I help clients explore how past experiences and current circumstances might be contributing to difficulties, while also drawing heavily on evidence-based treatments that clinical researchers have found them to be effective. Evidence based treatments are typically short-term and can often work in 1-25 sessions.
Relationships often require hard work. There will be high points, but there will also be low points. Making things work in those tough times is where couples counseling can help.
Who is couples counseling for?
- Dating couples considering marriage
- Military couples and families facing transitions or the reintegration of a family member
- Couples struggling with one member impacted by PTSD or trauma
- Couples contemplating divorce
- Improving communication
- Improving problem solving skills
The couples assessment process typically takes three sessions to complete. When couples meet with me for the first time I will conduct a throughout relationship history, and relationship assessment. After our first couple session, I then meet individually with each member of the couple or family to gather information about each individual’s personal history and developmental circumstances. In our final intake session, we will collectively review an initial treatment plan and prioritize issues to address. Whatever stage your relationship may be at, I am well-versed-in helping couples overcome obstacles. I also specialize in working with military families as well as with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Marriage is a big step. Preparing for the wedding involves more than just cake and flowers. As a couple, you are preparing also for a long and happy life together. It is important that you and your future spouse examine the strengths and challenges present in your relationship and focus on expanding your relationship skills to work through difficult issues.
This will help you to:
- Learn communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Work through family of origin issues that may impact your relationship now or in the future
- Address financial planning and budgeting
- Focus on personal and family goals
There are special packages available for the soon to be blissfully married couple. These sessions are recommended for couples 6 – 12 months prior to the wedding